Tuesday, February 19, 2008

.my wall.

I was reading a blog that a friend of mine wrote and in it he was talking about this play that he recently seen and how it was talking about love and relationships.
As I was reading he mentioned that there was a part in the play where the woman told her boyfriend that she treated him like crap because she felt he was too good to be true...and didn't want to get hurt so she chased him away....

Damn. Its a shame that we think like that...
When we get a good guy we push him away and put that wall up because we think he is too good to be true because we've been through so much bullshit with other guys that when we finally get what we deserve we don't believe that it is real.

The other day me and my friend Monique were in the car and we were talking about some guys that we have met and are getting aquainted with and how for the moment they seem to be so "perfect". As we were talking we both were saying how we were just waiting for them to mess up, waiting for an ugly flaw to show because in the past thats what has always happened.

ie.
You meet a guy, he seems to be "perfect" then one day..5 months later..you log onto myspace and you find out he's engaged...
((so maybe not all of them are engaged...got a little personal with that one..lol))

Its kinda fucked up that we think like that too...its not that we want to but we are just looking out for us because just like her I don't think my heart will be able to take another hit. seriously.
However, at the same time I don't want to lose out on something special because I have my wall up.

I need to find a happy medium up in there somewhere...lol

♥mercie

No comments: